Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Mayo-free Tuna Melt

Regardless the debate about whether mayonnaise is "healthy" or not, I dislike mayonnaise. It gives me the willy-nillies. Too much of it just makes me cringe from the greasy sensation in my mouth. Ugh.

Tuna on the other hand, is undeniable good for you and protein packed. How good does this look!?!


Mayo-free Tuna Melt

Large pouch of tuna
1/4 cup of onion (I used green this time and it was delish.)
2 Tbs bell pepper
fresh basil chopped
1 tsp balsamic vinegar or lemon juice
1 tsp or less extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)

Mix together in a bowl, add salt and pepper to taste, and let it sit for 10 minutes to combine flavors.

Meanwhile...
Slice sub rolls
Broil them cut-side down on a baking sheet
When they are crusty and golden, turn them over and toast cut-side up.
When that side is crusty and golden add tuna, sliced tomato, and cheddar cheese.
Bake just until the cheese is melted. And voila!


Tuna the way I like it!

1 comment:

  1. It actually looks really delicious - I could eat one right now! I'm guilty of glopping mayo in everything . . .

    ReplyDelete