Thursday, May 6, 2010

Breakfast Week: Egg Edition

Two Amazing Products that Could Change the Way You Do Breakfast -- Forever!

1. Egg Beaters = egg whites, vitamins and minerals

(First of all, I don't have a problem with eggs. Yes they have cholesterol, but I figure they are natural -- no chemicals and preservatives.)
But if you are watching your calories, eggs can quickly add up leaving you no room for your side of toast and oj.

Egg Beater stats: 30 calories, 0 fat, 0 cholesterol, 6g protein

1 Large Egg stats: 75 calories, 5g fat, 210mg cholesterol, 6g protein

I was astounded by the way Egg Beaters take the guess work out of scrambled eggs. They really do make the perfect eggs every time! I think they taste a little different than eggs from a shell. To compensate for this, I recommend trying the southwest or garden vegetable varieties of Egg Beaters or add your own fixings to make a fantastic omelet.

(They are also great for baking with. You may have noticed I use egg beaters in many of my recipes instead of eggs. For half the calories, I'd be a fool not to make the substitution.)


2. Ground Turkey Breakfast Sausage

I was also astounded to try turkey breakfast sausage. It tastes EXACTLY like sausage. You will fool everyone with this trick. Just substitute lean turkey breakfast sausage for regular pork sausage or bacon and you will be making an excellent healthy choice for your family. It's a no-brainer!

Beware: the breakfast links taste like sausage, but the casings don't hold up when you cook them without adding a lot of fat. Your family will catch you if you use the links. Stick to the ground sausage and they'll never know. Also, don't even try turkey bacon...it's highly disappointing!

No comments:

Post a Comment