Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Breakfast Week: Pancakes

I LOVE pancakes! I found a way to give them more fiber, and less calories. (And if any of you have whole wheat kernels stored that you don't know what to do with because you don't have a wheat grinder -- that was me until Christmas -- here's a solution for you.)

Whole Wheat Blender Pancakes

1 cup milk
1 cup Wheat kernels
blend in the blender 4-5 minutes on high

1/2 cup egg beaters
1 Tbs Vegetable oil
2 tsp baking powder
2 Tbs sugar
1/2 tsp salt
add and blend on low



My husband won't eat pancakes so I get an extra generous serving.
1/3 of the recipe Stats: 267 calories 5.5 g fat 5 g fiber 12 g protein

For dieters, the problem with pancakes is not the pancakes themselves -- it's the butter and syrup you bathe them in. I've looked at all the syrup bottles in the store, and everyone of them seems to have about 200 calories for a serving! (Even the fruity ones.) I've bought and tried a sugar free syrup sweetened with Splenda. It only has 30 calories, but I'd be lying if I told you I liked the taste of it. So why not make your pancakes ultra healthy and super special by topping them with fresh strawberries instead of syrup?


THIS is how I LOVE my pancakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment